This is the third part of a series of trivia quizzes on Byomkesh Bakshi. This quiz is based on the story, Chorabali. If you’ve read the book or seen the television episode, then you should have no trouble answering these questions.
*1. Which character in Chorabali had the amazing gift of being able to imitate animal noises?
*2. At the beginning of Chorabali, Byomkesh and Ajit are on a hunting expedition. Their host was introduced in an earlier story. Can you name him and the story?
3. What geographical discovery did Byomkesh explicitly tell Ajit to keep secret from everyone else?
4. Byomkesh leaves Ajit to visit the nearest town for part of a day. What does he do there?
5. What does Byomkesh learn about the night that Harinath disappeared from an almanac (পাঁজি)?
*1. Kaligati Bhattacharya
*2. Kumar Tridib, first introduced in Seemanto-heera (সীমন্ত-হীরা)
3. The discovery of the chorabali (চোরাবালি) or quicksand pit on Himangshubabu’s property.
4. Two things- he stalks out Anadi Sarkar’s widowed daughter, Radha, and he visits the government registry office or office of records.
5. That night was a new moon (অমাবস্যা).
*Questions similar to the ones marked with an asterisk were also asked in BBC Mastermind India, 2000.
©2010 Byomkesh.com. All rights reserved.