This is the seventh part of a series of trivia quizzes on Byomkesh Bakshi. This quiz is based on the story, Dushtochokro. If you’ve read the story or seen the television episode, then you should have no trouble answering these questions.
1. What was Bishu Pal’s profession? How did he know Dr. Suresh Rakshit?
2. According to Bishu Pal, how what was the collateral (জামানত) for which he loaned Abhay Ghoshal 30,000 Rupees?
3. What was Ramapatibabu’s role in the case?
4. How did Bishu Pal convince the police medical team that he was paralyzed?
5. What was the demand that Byomkesh Bakshi made to Bishu Pal in order to keep quiet?
1. Bishu Pal was a moneylender (মহাজন). Dr. Suresh Rakshit was his family physician and a tenant.
2. According to Bishu Pal, he didn’t take any collateral at all. He only made Abhay Ghoshal sign a promissory note.
3. Ramapatibabu was the Officer-in-Charge of the local Police Station investigating the murder of Abhay Ghoshal.
4. Bishu Pal got Dr. Rakshit to inject him with the local anesthetic procaine before medical team showed up. This fooled the physicians into thinking that he was paralyzed from the waist down.
5. Byomkesh Bakshi was not convinced that the case would stand in front of a jury because the motive establishing that Bishu Pal killed Abhay Ghoshal was weak. So he demanded that Bishu Pal deposit one lakh Rupees in the National Security Fund.
©2010-2012 Byomkesh.com. All rights reserved.