This is the first part of a series of trivia quizzes on Byomkesh Bakshi. The first quiz is based on the story, Satyanveshi. If you’ve read the book or seen the television episode, then you should have no trouble answering these questions. However, you may want to read my review of this story first if you need hints.
*1. What name did Byomkesh Bakshi adopt when he first met Ajit Bandyopadhyay in Satyanveshi?
2. What was Ajit’s landlord, Anukulbabu’s profession?
3. Whose murder did Aswinikumar Choudhury witness, for which he had to pay with his own life?
4. How was Aswinikumar murdered?
*5. In which monthly magazine were the first Byomkesh stories published?
*1. Atulchandra Mitra
2. Anukulbabu was a homeopath
3. Sheikh Abdul Gofur, one of the drug-dealers working for Anukulbabu.
4. His throat was slit with a razor and he bled to death
*5. Basumati, one of the premier Bengali literary magazines of the day, now defunct.
*Questions similar to the ones marked with an asterisk were also asked in BBC Mastermind India, 2000.
©2009 Byomkesh.com. All rights reserved.